RAY INSURANCE GROUP
What Kind of Insurance Fits Your Business?
Businesses come in all shapes and sizes. We can help design the coverage that’s right for you, tailored to your needs.
Generally, most businesses need a combination of:
• Property insurance for the building, structure and other property you use to do business.
• Liability insurance in case someone claims that your business caused him or her harm. Your liability insurance pays damages to third parties resulting from bodily injury or property damage for which your business is legally liable, up to the policy limits, as well as legal fees. It may also cover the medical bills of people injured by your business.
• Commercial auto insurance for vehicles owned by your business. The insurance pays any costs to third parties resulting from bodily injury or property damage for which your business is legally liable, up to the policy limits. Depending on what kind of coverage you buy, the insurance may pay to repair or replace your vehicle because of damage resulting from accidents, theft, flooding and other events.
• Workers’ compensation insurance for medical care and a portion of lost wages for an employee who is injured in the course of employment, regardless of who was at fault for the injury. (Not available in Ohio.)
• Terrorism insurance, which is offered to owners of commercial property as mandated by the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act, enacted by Congress in 2002. Insurance losses attributed to terrorist acts under these commercial policies are insured by private insurers and reinsured by the federal government.
In addition to the basic coverage’s, we can help you select from optional coverage’s available from Erie Insurance, like:
• A business catastrophe liability or umbrella policy that is designed to protect against catastrophic losses. For the typical business, the umbrella policy would provide protection over and above general liability and auto liability policies.
• Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) that provides protection against claim’s brought by employees alleging discrimination, wrongful termination or harassment, including sexual harassment.
• Other specialized liability insurance policies that are designed to meet specific needs of individual businesses. They include:
o Errors and Omissions Insurance (E&O)/Professional Liability Insurance
o Directors and Officers Liability Insurance (D&O)
Insurance Fishers, Insurance Fishers Indiana